COVID-19 INFORMATION - FOLLOW THE GUIDANCE
When attending for any appointments either with a Nurse or a Doctor, please ensure you continue to follow COVID-19 guidelines.
- Keep your distance from other patients and staff unless being treated
- Wear a face mask or face covering over your nose and mouth, unless you are exempt from doing so
- if exempt click on the link for further guidance face coverings
- If you are aged 12 and over whose immune system means you are at higher risk of serious illness if you become infected with coronavirus (COVID-19), please follow the latest guidance here
COVID19 Passport/Certificates - Proof of COVID19 vaccinations and booster
With the new guidance, in certain circumstances, you are required to show proof that you have had your COVID19 vaccines and/or booster. We are unable to issue this certificate at the practice and we kindly ask that you do not call or email us with queries relating to this.
You can find information on this
Proof of your vaccination status will be available in the NHS app from 17th May 2021 – For more information and to download the NHSapp here
If you have not used it before, there is a self-registration process within the app to create an “NHS login” here
If already have access/ login details for patient online services through the surgery, for example “Patient Access”, you may use this.
Alternatively, you can call the NHS helpline on 119 (from 17 May) and ask for a letter to be posted to you. This must be at least 5 days after you’ve completed your course of the vaccine. The letter may to take another 5 days to reach you, or more if postal services are affected. Please take account of this when making your plans.
A Guide To Your GP Surgery - New Ways of Working
Your GP Practice is Here For You:
GP Practices across the Black Country and West Birmingham are working differently to offer patient appointments. With demand for GP services increasing and the need to have increased infection control measures in place, we need to do things in a new and diffferent way.
GP Practices have worked and continue to work hard throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to provide services to patients in a safe way to control the spread of the virus. To protect overyone, we must maintain safe infection control measures and minimise unnecessary face to face contract for both patients and staff. These new and different ways of working not only help us to do that, but are makiing sure that we can have vcontact with more patients with the resources (staff, buildings and money) that we have available.
For futher information, please click on the link below which will tell you a littel about how we are working:
This new way of working helps us, to help you, get the care you need.
Thank you for your understanding
All at Cape Hill Medical Centre
Latest Government Guidance
Choose the link below for the latest governement guidance:
- COVID-19 guidance and support - https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- COVID-19 PCR test - How to book a PCR COVID-19 test
- Order a COVID-19 lateral flow test - How to order COVID-19 Lateral Flow tests
- COVID-19 travel guidance - Red, Amber or Green country list
- COVID-19 travel guidance - Travelling from England abroad or Travelling to England from another country